Tuesday, March 21, 2006

courtesy Adam Duritz

favorite alternates here... and no, I'm not suicidal or anything, just havin' a crap day and these are the ones that stuck out to me:

"I gotta rush away," she said,
"I been to Boston before.
and anyways
this change I been feeling
doesn't make the rain fall
"
no big differences these days
just the same old walkaways
and someday
i'm gonna stay
but not today...


she said this is not my idea of a way to spend an evening
she said this is not my idea of the way this thing should go
she said this is not my idea to be all alone
she said why don't you just open up your eyes?
...and I will walk and talk
in gardens misty wet with rain,
and I will never be this young again
and I will cover my eyes
and hide inside this shame
and we will never ever ever be this young again
she said can't you see this is not a bright new morning?
she said can't you see this is not the end?
she stops me shivering
she said can't you see this ain't no rainbow darlin'?
I will never, ever, ever, be this young again
she said how do you like it when you're all alone under the sun?
I said...
goodnight Elisabeth
goodnight, goodnight


she said you would like me to walk away,
you would like me to pack up my bags and go
she said you would like me to tell him goodbye,
tell him goodbye, pack up my bags, and go
but you know, if I told him goodbye, if I pack up my bags,
if I went - you would not be there
You would not be there
and, and, you could hurt me
she said but you don't think about that
you see birds drop off your window-sill,
pass by the window, plummeting towards the ground,
and you don't think about the fact that you could hurt me?
you could lay me out on the ground
she said well this is goodbye, and this is goodnight,
and this is goodbye, this is goodnight
and you would like me to say goodbye,
you would like me to pack my bags, you would like me to go,
but you would hurt me


this is a song for all those of you out there
who have ever truly dated a wretched person
If you've ever given your heart
to someone who could really only take care of a bank account
Cause this is not a song about love
this is a song about addiction
This is not a song about love
this is a song about addiction
This is not a song about affection
it's more a song about affliction
Come on darkness
Come on love
Come on rain
tumble down from the skies
4:33
said come on darkness
said come on love
Come on rain
tumble down from the skies
come on, I said -
I don't want to be alone
Save me Save me Save me
save me
save me from myself baby


...sometimes it snows in April,
and sometimes the skies are gray
sometimes it all seems so familiar to me,
and sometimes it's just so fuckin' strange
and sometimes it's the same old day,
and sometimes I stay inside all day


she said your just a little bit of anything I need
is better than nothing..
I'm so alone when I'm with you
but if you could just give me a little bit of anything I need
it's better than nothing
When I think of heaven...
well, it's better than nothing


There’s things that you should realize,
there’s things that you should see
There’s people right before your eyes sliding into disbelief
There’s things I should have realized,
there’re things I should have known -
the ones who love you,
they will look into your eyes and wave goodbye,
and wave goodbye, and wave goodbye, and wave goodbye
then they're gone
The people who will love you,
they will look into your eyes and wave goodbye, and wave goodbye
You will think that you’ve been dreaming,
and you will think that you were fast asleep
cause there are things that you should never be losin',
there are things that you should keep
and you will wish that you were dreaming,
that you will wake up and it will all be the same
cause the things that you keep losin',
you’ve no one but yourself to blame


the ghost of this love
is worthless and painful and old
because there's no one else
in this whole fucking world
that’s a match to the things in your soul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home