Monday, March 20, 2006

monday morning

*yawn* so, Niles was over last night. >.> We were up pretty late <.< Yeah. Not much sleeping going on. He left around one. I'm very tired this AM but happy. We watched a good amount of Lord of War but didn't actually see the ending... Hopefully soon he will come back over and we can watch the end; what I saw was fantastic!

Overall, pretty good weekend. St. Patty's day was okay.. just sat at home with Jon drinking way too much Midori and watching Walk the Line and then we both crashed. He went home late.

Saturday was my mom's birthday, and she and I spent the afternoon shopping. Then Saturday night's Axis service was great! Unfortunately Andy didn't show up, but Greg, Fernando, Adrian, Fred, Jen and several others were there. The message was about how Christians need to stop praying timidly and sayin things like "God, IF you could JUST...<...>" (or as my pastor said, setting a post-it note on heaven's door) and instead start banging at God's door.. praying fearlessly with assurance that God not only hears but answers. He told us to try praying without using "if" or "just" or phrases like that, and replace them with "Because of who you are" and such. It's already changing how I pray; very cool.

Afterwards we had a great bible study that included a couple new people - including a recent Egyptian immigrant named Fadi. Very nice guy. He's my age, which is neat, because most of the people in my group are much older. After that, we all went to dinner at Friday's - yummmmmy. I ended up getting home around midnight.


Tonight I'm going to see a movie with Fernando. I'm meeting him in Lake Zurich because he lives all the way up north by six flags. I'm looking forward to getting to know him better outside of church stuff. he and I are in similar places in life - both students, both unsure of our futures, both bored and kind of lonely. So, it should be good.

OK, I need to eat lunch, then I'm going to work on putting some pictures on the computer and putting them up on my Photobucket.. then I'll link ya'll to some if you want to see unlovely meeee ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home